Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Digital Art

This is the science of art. Here the boundaries of modern illustration techniques are washed away, leaving the inner constructs of the human mind open to run free.
In this section, Corel Painter, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are my preferred mediums. I have devoted the last ten years to mastering these programs. Hunting down ways to achieve the look and feel of a traditional painting using only digital paint, photo’s and texture. I have found that using digital media to achieve a traditional looking piece not only saves time (no clean up required), but money as well (less supplies). This can cut down on overhead and gives an artist more time for creativity and increases efficiency.
In a later section you will see some examples of art using traditional mediums such as acrylic and watercolor paints.

Concept Sketches




Photo Manipulation


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello old commerade. I'm really liking your resume page here, and love all your illustrations...as always before. I'm especially impressed with your distant castle piece, because of the sketch and the completed illustration. It's nice to see the raw start to the polished end. I'm so gald for you Jason, and hope much success comes your way. You are endlessly talented and I only wish the best for you. I have early workings of a set up for myself and will probably request your input down the road. Again, nice work and keep it up!

Jason Dirks said...

Thanks mandy,

I can't wait to see what yours looks like.
You'll have to keep me updated.